Your Homeschool Nature Study Guide
Tips for Getting Started with the Outdoor Hour Challenges In Your Homeschool Nature Study:
- We always suggest that families start with the first ten Outdoor Hour Challenges, making sure to read the pages in the introduction of the Handbook of Nature Study as suggested in each challenge. Anna Botsford Comstock’s words there are what created in me a better method of teaching “nature study”.
- If you would like to try out some simple nature study ideas, simply download this sample with 10 free challenges for Getting Started in the Outdoor Hour Challenges. This guide is also included in homeschool nature study membership.
What’s Included in the Getting Started in Homeschool Nature Study Guide?
These nature study resources include:
- General Instructions for Getting Started
- A list of the very few materials and resources needed
- Corresponding custom notebook pages to use in your nature journal for each challenge
10 Nature Outdoor Hour Challenges for Your Homeschool
- Let’s Get Started
- Using Your Words
- Now Is The Time To Draw
- It Is Coming Into Focus
- Keeping a List
- Your Own Field Guide
- Magnifying Lens
- One Small Square
What To Do After You Complete the First Ten Outdoor Hour Challenges
Keep your nature study rolling after the first ten challenges by joining us in our weekly nature study activities using the Handbook of Nature Study. Each week there will be a suggested Outdoor Hour Challenge for your family. It is so easy to get started!