January 2013 – Rocks and Minerals
There is a new year of nature study all stretched out in front of us just like a blank page! I’m so excited that the year will start with a study of rocks and minerals. If that sounds too hard or uninteresting to your family, I welcome you to download and read this month’s newsletter to read and see how other families are making their rock study fabulous! I hope you will join us for at leas the grid study and then share your experiences with the Outdoor Hour Challenge Blog Carnival.
Contents of this edition of the newsletter include:
- “Teaching the Hard Subjects” – one of my contributions to the newsletter
- Information on collecting rocks when you travel
- Two rock study articles contributed by OHC participants
- January Study Grid and Bookmark – Rock Themed
- Book Review
- Rock themed nature journal idea
- Show and Tell, Favorite Links
I have attached the newsletter download link to the bottom of my blog feed so if you are a subscriber you will receive the link to the latest newsletter at the bottom of every post for the month of January. If you haven’t subscribed yet, you can still subscribe and receive the newsletter link in the next post that comes to your email box. You can subscribe to my blog by filling in your email address in the subscription box on my sidebar.
Note: You can download your newsletter from the link in two ways:
- If your link is clickable, right click the link and then “save link as” to save the file on your computer.
- If the link is not clickable, cut and paste the link to your browser, open, and then save your newsletter to your computer.