Outdoor Hour Challenge:
We are going to have some fun with cats this week! Make sure to read the section in the Handbook of Nature Study for loads of ideas to try with your family cat or a neighborhood cat.
- Spring Mammal Study – Cats: Make sure to use the free mammal notebook page linked in this entry and also check out the free cat unit on Homeschool Share.
- You will also find a Nature Journal Topper prompt in the May 2014 Newsletter that will give you an idea for studying cats.
- If you have access to the November 2012 Newsletter, you will find additional ideas for a mammal study, including the printable mammal study grid.
- My Mammal List: You can use this printable page instead of the running list notebook page if you wish to keep your mammal list by season. Reprint this page for every season and then compare your lists.
- Mammal Outdoor Hour Challenge Notebook Page: This is a general mammal notebook page you can use with any mammal you study.
Getting Started Suggestion:
If you already own the Getting Started ebook, complete Outdoor Hour Challenge #8. Use a magnifying lens to example your cat. Look at the various parts suggested in the Handbook of Nature Study and then record your observations in your nature journal or on the accompanying notebook page.
Note: You can find the Getting Started ebook in all levels of membership here at the Handbook of Nature Study.