Handbook of Nature Study Newsletter
July 2016 – Night Sky and Big Dipper Study
Please read the following explanation outlining how to get this month’s newsletter.
The newsletter link is not in this email but will come separately. There may be a delay in your receiving the email so please don’t email me until the second day of the month if you haven’t received the link on the first. For some reason, some email providers take longer to receive the newsletter email.
If you don’t receive the separate email with the download link, you probably aren’t subscribed to the blog yet. This will take less than a minute to do if you follow the steps below.
If you are a subscriber and you haven’t received your newsletter email yet, check your SPAM inbox. Some subscribers have found the email buried in SPAM inbox.
If you need to subscribe:
- You will need to go to the Handbook of Nature Study, look to the top right corner for the box to type in your preferred email address, and then confirm the email that comes to your email inbox.
- Once you subscribe, you will receive a thank you email from me with the download link.
This month’s newsletter link will be available only during the month of May so be sure to download it before 7/31/16.
Remember! All of the archived and current newsletters are available as part of the Ultimate Naturalist Library…every level!
Contents of this edition of the newsletter include:
- It is time for us to take a look at the nighttime sky, especially the Big Dipper. Use the ideas in this month’s newsletter to plan some astronomy related nature study with your children. I have created a chart of ideas for astronomy study and categorized them by learning style. This is going to help you choose appropriate activities for each of your children.
- Contributions from Outdoor Hour Challenge participant- Tricia Hodges of Hodgepodge is sharing her Favorite Astronomy Resources!
- July Nature Study Planning Page with field trip ideas, nature photo ideas, and a special 15 minute challenge for parents.
- Big Dipper Study printable notebook page which can be used as a nature journal topper as well.
Resources for your Nature Library: I have started to build a nature library store on Amazon that will feature by category my favorite nature study books and resources. Take a look and see if there is anything you would like to put on your wish list for your family’s nature study library: Handbook of Nature Study Nature Library Suggestions on Amazon.com. Note this is my affiliate store to items I personally recommend and have read or seen in person. There is a category for astronomy study that lists the resources our family has used and found helpful.
Please note that Ultimate Naturalist and Journey level members have access to members only printables each month in addition to the newsletter printables. You will need to log into your account and then go to the “Other Releases” section.
Don’t forget that Ultimate Naturalist and Journey level members have access to the brand new Learning About Birds ebook!