Spring Ebooks from the Ultimate Naturalist Library!
Getting outside with our children has been the sanity saving activity we all needed this past year. As spring approaches, have you considered adding a little nature study into your weekly routine? I’ve heard from families that they were reluctant to start a nature study plan, stating that they thought it would restrict their freedom to focus on one topic. But, they found that having a focus each week actually helped them to stay regular at getting outside and it helped them be better at taking a few minutes to learn about an object they encountered, even if it wasn’t the original aim for getting outdoors.
The key is to make a regular habit of getting outside and taking note of things that interest your family.
If you’re looking for a more “free form” style of nature study, I invite you to read this post from my archives: Focus and Consistency
Spring is a fantastic time to start a season of nature study. Please see the ebooks listed below along with their specific topics. Consider working through an ebook or you can pick and choose subjects from any of the ebooks. Without a lot of extra effort, you can customize your spring nature study by picking your favorite topics from any of the ebooks listed.
Spring Nature Study Continues
Did you know this ebook also contains art and music appreciation?
- Spring Peepers
- Jack in the Pulpit
- Yellow Ladies Slipper/Yellow Adder’s Tongue
- May Apple
- Black Swallowtail
- Mountain Laurel
More Nature Study Book #3 Outdoor Hour Challenges – Spring Splendor
- Spring Splendor Walk
- Buds, Catkins, and Blossoms
- Spring Birds – Robin
- Spring Wildflowers – Buttercups and Poppies
- Spring Mammal – Goats
- Spring Tree – Dogwood
- Vines – Sweet Pea, Dodder, or Hedge Bindweed
- Garden Snails
- Blue Flag Iris
Spring Series 2010 Ebook Challenges:
- Signs of Spring-Bonus challenge not included in the ebook
- Maple Tree Observation Sheet -Bonus printable not in the ebook
- #1 Year-Long Tree Study
- #2 Spring Weather Observations
- #3 Spring Bird Study
- #4 Spring Wildflower Study-Dandelions
- #5 Spring Cattail Observations
- #6 Apple Tree Study
- #7 Cats
- #8 Snakes
- #9 Earthworms
- #10 Ants
The Garden Flower and Plant Challenges in the Ebook:
- #12 Focus on Garden Flowers – Seeds
- #13 Garden Flowers – Flower Parts
- #14 Garden Flowers – Pressing Flowers
- #15 Garden Flowers – How To Draw A Flower
- #16 Garden Flowers – Sunflowers
- #17 Garden Flowers – Collecting Leaves
- #18 Garden Flowers – Pollen
- #19 Garden Flowers – Seeds and Germination
- #29 Sunflowers
- #30 Weeds and Seeds
The Ultimate Naturalist Library currently has 26 ebooks covering hundreds of topics. There are 76 newsletters in the archives and dozens of printables available too!
Please click over to see all the benefits of a membership here on the Handbook of Nature Study.
Right now, I’m offering a super discount just to get you started.
Use the discount code SPRINGFUN to receive $10 off an Ultimate Naturalist Library membership! The discount code will expire on 3/27/2021.
The current library contains 26 ebooks covering hundreds of topics. There are 76 newsletters in the library and dozens of printables in addition to the ebooks!